jeudi 5 janvier 2017

15 of the Stupidest Food Orders Ever – Part Three

Is the customer always right? Not according to the servers below who decided to share the stupidest food orders they’ve ever received on this Reddit thread. These are some of our favourites, from the bizarre (deep-fried lemon) and quirky (BYO chocolate dipped in mustard), to the downright creepy and gross (pre-chewed food).

If you’ve got any to share, let us know over on our Facebook page and don’t forget to check out chefs dishing on 20 of the stupidest food orders ever, for a BoH perspective.

15 of the stupidest food orders ever

Motivation150

I had a woman ask me to microwave a milkshake she ordered. She claimed she was allergic to cold things. Smurfette A club sandwich with no bread and a salad with four French fries on the side.

BlackDavidDuchovny

A deep-fried lemon. Whole, unpeeled.

Dudervoog

I once had a guy place his order, and then say "And give me one of those spaghetti appetisers."

I had been working there for a couple months, and we had no pasta dishes whatsoever on the menu. I politely tried to clarify this, but he wasn't having it. He just kept getting more irate. He insisted that he eats here all the time, and he always gets the spaghetti appetiser.

Eventually, he gets up from his table, storms over to another one, and points at what he wants on another diner's table. He was pointing at their coleslaw.

MonkeyinaTopHat

I had a woman call me back to the table because I didn’t place her nachos close enough to her. She asked me to push them closer to her.

Poopy_shoe

Had a lady order our filet mignon, when it was brought out to her she said with disgust that she had ordered the filet, not a steak. She proceeded to argue that a filet mignon was a type of baked potato rather than a steak.

Ezekielragardos

I worked at as a server at a ritzy country club on Cape Cod and this women once brought in a paint chip and told me she wanted her cosmopolitan to be the exact same colour as her pink paint chip.

Finishrampant

It wasn't so much the order that was disturbing, but the post order request. He asked me to chew up the food and put it back onto his plate. No medical reason. No missing teeth. Not old. Just creepy as f***.

Anonymous

I had one lady order creme brulee French toast with a fruit loops crust and a bottle of champagne with 2 carafes of orange juice. We made it. Actually we made a whole batch and the workers ate it. It was actually really good.

Drinktusker

Someone told me that they can't have soy and then kept trying to order edamame and tofu.

M0untaingoat

Goat Barista here. We had a Narcotics Anonymous convention in town once. I had someone order a 16oz cup with as much espresso as would fit. It was something like 18 shots, cost about 25 bucks, and he downed it at the counter and went "woo!"

Iamusuallyshark

A man sent back his plate because his hash browns were too hot. Like dude, just wait a little bit.

AnImbroglio

Used to be a waiter. Had a family come in and eat. Little boy eventually orders dessert. Vanilla ice cream and ketchup. Yes, he put the ketchup on the ice cream. No, I didn't stick around to watch. I would've thrown up.

Teachforgold

A guy brought in his own dark chocolate bars for dessert and ordered a side dish of mustard to dip them in. He asked me to try some, which I did. It was surprisingly delicious.

Anonymous

Once someone asked me for a hat. I just made him a napkin hat. He seemed alright with it.

Follow Fine Dining Lovers on Facebook

This article passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.
Recommended article: The Guardian's Summary of Julian Assange's Interview Went Viral and Was Completely False.

15 of the Stupidest Food Orders Ever – Part Three

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire