vendredi 7 juillet 2017

The Time Marco Pierre White Made Gordon Ramsay Cry

Gordon Ramsay has made a fair few people breakdown in the kitchen, we’ve seen him sack waiters on the spot and place bread on the side of a cook’s head to make what he called a ‘shit sandwich’. He’s a harsh person to work with.

But one person who has never feared Ramsay is his mentor Marco Pierre White, in fact, you can watch the video below in which White regales with a story about making Ramsay cry.

We don’t condone this sort of behaviour in the kitchen but Ramsay and White come from a very different time, it also shows you why Ramsay might be so tough on his cooks.

In the video, White doesn’t say exactly what happened but in a book the chef published he did reference the event.

"I don't recall what he'd done wrong but I yelled at him and he lost it,” wrote White.

"Gordon crouched down in the corner of the kitchen, buried his head in his hands and started sobbing. 'I don't care what you do to me,' he said as he wept. 'Hit me. I don't care. Sack me. I don't care.'"

Fortunately occurrences like this in the kitchen are becoming a thing of the past, especially as the sustainability of the chef becomes a bigger issue for those running restaurants.

Here's a young Ramsay working for White.

Follow Fine Dining Lovers on Facebook

Let's block ads! (Why?)

The Time Marco Pierre White Made Gordon Ramsay Cry

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire